Firstparty is an early-stage B2B software startup. Our customers are marketers and software developers who are looking for tools to help them customize user experiences within their products and across the Internet. Using Firstparty, they collect event-based information about user activity and utilize this data to build custom product workflows, marketing automation, and better performing advertising campaigns.
Our work style is fully remote and a-synchronous, with a focus on results. This means we do not require any set schedule or set number of hours from our team members, and instead focus on setting clear achievable goals we can work toward together. We have very few meetings, and rely on written communication for our meeting agendas, conversations, decisions, and process documentation.
This is a 100% remote job.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you'll manage a team of software engineers who develop work on a number of features of Firstparty.
You will be responsible for collaborating on day-to-day management activities including unblocking engineers, reviewing PRs, writing issues, assessing technical debt, planning sprints, expanding the product roadmap, and recruiting talented team members to join Firstparty.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience working on product-focused software engineering teams, including at least 3 years of experience as a manager with responsibility for hiring, firing, and promoting team members. Experience with remote work is strongly preferred.
Nice to Haves
One or more of the following experiences will be helpful to you in this role, but are not required:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent in Economics
- Completion of an undergraduate or higher course in Game Theory
- Completion of an undergraduate or higher course in Microeconomics
What to Expect
Our Interview Process
- 30 minute phone screen
- Full interview loop: 2 to 4 hour-long conversations
- Final interview with CEO (as appropriate)
- Offer/Rejection within 2 business days of last interview
Your First 90 Days
- Onboarding with our company handbook and READMEs
- Familiarizing yourself with our product, customers, code base and processes
- Attending recurring engineering meeting (30 min per week)
- Learning how to use our a-sync meeting agendas
- Learning about our approach remote and a-sync
- Learning about our approach to planning and roadmapping
- Weekly 1:1s with both cofounders individually
- Handoff of responsibilities and clear definition of your objectives beyond 90 days
Thank you for reviewing this open position on the Firstparty team. To learn more about the company, please visit www.firstpartyHQ.com
to sign up for a free trial of our product, and read about our latest improvements and announcements on our blog at https://firstpartyhq.com/news/