Firstparty is an early-stage B2B software startup. Our customers are marketers and software developers who are looking for tools to help them customize user experiences within their products and across the Internet. Using Firstparty, they collect event-based information about user activity and utilize this data to build custom product workflows, marketing automation, and better performing advertising campaigns.
Our work style is fully remote and a-synchronous, with a focus on results. This means we do not require any set schedule or set number of hours from our team members, and instead focus on setting clear achievable goals we can work toward together. We have very few meetings, and rely on written communication for our meeting agendas, conversations, decisions, and process documentation.
This is a 100% remote job.
As a Marketing Coordinator, you'll perform a wide range of hands-on marketing tasks to increase awareness of Firstparty among potential customers.
The ideal candidate will assist in all areas of marketing lead generation and marketing support. They will be comfortable in maintaining various marketing campaigns and have a creative skillset which enables them to brainstorm new initiatives.
You will be responsible for collaborating on day-to-day marketing activities including writing and editing copy, developing messaging, branding, and distribution processes, writing issues, planning sprints, providing input on marketing requirements for product, and recruiting talented team members to join Firstparty.
Firstparty's marketing stack is minimal at this point. You will be using tools like Wordpress, Sendgrid, and social media platforms. You will also be dogfooding Firstparty's own marketing workflow automation software.
The ideal candidate will have worked on marketing a B2B product as it went through the process of gaining product/marketing fit (PMF). This phase in the life of a startup includes substantial ambiguity, and we are looking for someone flexible and resilient to cope well in this dynamic environment while meeting the needs of this stage of company maturity.
- 2+ experience in a Marketing role at a B2B company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and in a self-starting a-sync environment
- Knowledge of all social networking platforms and major advertising networks
- Experience with remote work is strongly preferred.
Nice To Haves
One or more of the following experiences will be helpful to you in this role, but are not required:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent in Economics
- Completion of an undergraduate or higher course in Game Theory
- Completion of an undergraduate or higher course in Microeconomics
What To Expect
Our Interview Process
- 30 minute phone screen
- Full interview loop: 2 to 4 hour-long conversations
- Final interview with CEO (as appropriate)
- Offer/Rejection within 2 business days of last interview
Your First 90 Days
- Onboarding with our company handbook and READMEs
- Familiarizing yourself with our product, customers, messaging, and processes
- Attending recurring team meetings (30 min per week)
- Learning how to use our a-sync meeting agendas
- Learning about our approach remote and a-sync
- Learning about our approach to planning and roadmapping
- Weekly 1:1s with your manager
- Handoff of responsibilities and clear definition of your objectives beyond 90 days