Firstparty is an early-stage B2B software startup. Our customers are marketers and software developers who are looking for tools to help them customize user experiences within their products and across the Internet. Using Firstparty, they collect event-based information about user activity and utilize this data to build custom product workflows, marketing automation, and better performing advertising campaigns.
Our work style is fully remote and a-synchronous, with a focus on results. This means we do not require any set schedule or set number of hours from our team members, and instead focus on setting clear achievable goals we can work toward together. We have very few meetings, and rely on written communication for our meeting agendas, conversations, decisions, and process documentation.
Product Managers at Firstparty are responsible for working closely with the founders to document the product vision. The person hired for this role will be the first Product Manager at Firstparty. The founders currently act as the product owners, and you will be helping the founders improve the process and transition away from doing the day-to-day work of Product Management.
In a fully remote company, having clarity of thought in written form is crucial. This is a writing heavy role.
You will be expected to communicate clearly and effectively through the following mediums:
- Market requirements docs (MRDs)
- Product requirements docs (PRDs)
- Github issues
- Metrics dashboards
The ideal candidate will have experience taking detailed notes based on conversations with key stakeholders and then rapidly generating 1st drafts of the documents listed above. We are a pre product/market fit startup, and you should be comfortable with high ambiguity, rapid iteration, and shipping v1/prototype quality work. Perfectionists need not apply.
You will report to the CEO and will partner closely with engineers, project managers, designers and marketers to respond to the demands of customers and the market.
Your success in this role will be evaluated based on:
- Your contribution to building a well-oiled Product Machine through repeatable light-weight processes
- Your contribution to the company reaching product/market fit.
The ideal candidate will have worked on marketing a B2B product as it went through the process of gaining product/marketing fit (PMF). This phase in the life of a startup includes substantial ambiguity, and we are looking for someone flexible and resilient to cope well in this dynamic environment while meeting the needs of this stage of company maturity.
- 2+ experience in a Product role at a B2B software company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and in a self-starting a-sync environment
- Experience with remote work is strongly preferred.
What To Expect
Our Interview Process
- 30 minute phone screen
- Full interview loop: 2 to 4 hour-long conversations
- Final interview with CEO (as appropriate)
- Offer/Rejection within 2 business days of last interview
Your First 90 Days
- Onboarding with our company handbook and READMEs
- Familiarizing yourself with our product, customers, messaging, and processes
- Attending recurring team meetings (30 min per week)
- Learning how to use our a-sync meeting agendas
- Learning about our approach remote and a-sync
- Learning about our approach to planning and roadmapping
- Weekly 1:1s with your manager
- Handoff of responsibilities and clear definition of your objectives beyond 90 days
Thank you for reviewing this open position on the Firstparty team. To learn more about the company, please visit www.firstpartyHQ.com
to sign up for a free trial of our product, and read about our latest improvements and announcements on our blog at https://firstpartyhq.com/news/